Climate ventures (earthtech, oceantech, cleantech, all related subsectors) can apply to meet active, pre-qualified Investors from the Greenbackers global network: Corporate Ventures, Technology VC’s and Private Equity Funds, Impact Investors, Family Offices, Asset & Project Finance funds, Angel Syndicates and in the UK, EIS Funds.
The Greenbackers team proactively maximizes investor focus on the platform and co-ordinates discussions with participating ventures and investors who regularly visit. This is not a ‘post and pray someone sees you’ type of program – this is active, dynamic fundraising that gets results.
Having emerged from beta testing the platform during the pandemic throughout 2020/21, we now have over 300+ funds currently participating from around the world and are on track to have over 500 funds participating by mid 2022. Opportunities to ‘pitch’ these investors are standard. Rather than a single day, selected ventures get continuous funding support, for a minimum of 6 months – extendable if desired.
Here’s how it works:
We have a stage-gated process to determine whether we can add value and are specific about the ventures that we take on to support, so you’ll need to apply to be accepted.
Step 1: Purchase a ticket to apply to the program and commence an initial investment readiness evaluation – to enable Greenbackers to assess your suitability for our Showcase platform. Cost: UK£75+VAT or approx USD$100/Euro€90.
This assessment takes 15-20 minutes to complete and helps us determine how ‘match-fit’ your venture is for our investor community. You’ll get a report and structured feedback on your current readiness level and can then decide if you want to go to Step 2, to create and submit a full ‘investment profile’ to our Showcase platform, for consideration by the Greenbackers team.
Step 2: Create your detailed investment profile on Greenbackers Showcase platform. Your profile is what Greenbackers will review in order to evaluate your viability for the Showcase – and what investors will see during your Fundraise after we help you to fine-tune it. See FAQ’s here
Criteria – you should be prepared to meet the following when applying to the program
- An innovative business in our sector (climate/cleantech/ocean economy or related)
- Seeking Seed or Series A, B or C equity finance or Convertible Loan Note and have raised a funding round previously (i.e. NOT pre-seed)
- Strong team (with a plan to fill any gaps)
- Differentiated technology/service solution to a defined problem
- Scalable business model and reasonably large (and defined) addressable market
- Some form of market validation: sales, customer trials/testimonials or independent assessment
- Business plan ready and available
- Clear strategy and exit vision with a justifiable pre-money valuation
- If you happen to be a UK domained business, EIS pre-assurance is strongly advised
Step 3: If accepted into the program, Greenbackers will help you fine-tune your investment profile to ensure it is as compelling as possible and encourages investors to engage. This will involve a 1 on 1 meeting with the Greenbackers Team. Once your funding profile is ready, Greenbackers send out investor alerts on your venture, match-make where possible and schedule at least 1 investor roundtable so that interested funds can meet you. In addition, you can Pitch live at cities on our Climate Tech Tour.
Benefits included in this program are:
- Your Company Investment Profile on Greenbackers Showcase; where Investors will see your Pitchdeck, detailed information of your fundraise, presentation video and can contact you directly
- On-line and direct introductions: you’ll meet active, pre-qualified investors from Greenbackers global network: Corporate Ventures, Technology VC’s and Private Equity Funds, Impact Investors, Family Offices, Asset & Project Finance funds, Angel Syndicates and in the UK, EIS Funds
- Opportunity to participate and pitch at Greenbackers Climate Tech Tour, a global program taking ventures to meet funds in financial centres around the world.
- Investor’s roundtable session introducing you to Greenbackers Investor Community.
- Social media campaigns targeting over 50,000 who follow us on LinkedIn. Greenbackers will work with your team to co-ordinate all outreach to maximise effectiveness
- Introduction to the Solar Impulse Foundation program – a direct line to fast-track application into their globally recognised ‘1000 Solutions to Change The World’ label
- Invitations to support masterclasses around topics such as “Grant Funding”, and “About Term Sheets” hosted by industry experts
- See FAQ’s HERE
If (and only after) your profile is agreed as ‘investment ready’ and you agree to be activated on the Showcase platform:
- Platform fee for 6 full months of support: £3774.60 (approx. USD$4698/Euro€4475) extendable thereafter on a monthly basis for £499/mo (approx USD$675/Euro€600/mo).
- Success fee: 5% commission on all funds raised (up to £5m and adjusted for larger amounts) via Greenbackers Showcase platform, 50% ofwhich Greenbackers is willing to take as shares in the company (non compulsory)
- Consulting and get-ready coaching can be provided by quotation.
- UK VAT is chargeable for all UK registered and participating ventures.
- Download our service agreement and contract HERE.