SEC, Glasgow | Wed, 11 May & Thu, 12 May 2022 | 08:00 -16:00
Investment Funds, industrial partners and technology ventures will be in attendance at this very special event, hosted live and in-person (and live streamed) at All-Energy in Glasgow on 11/12 May. See us on Stand M60 at the SEC.
Post-COP26, there is renewed and energised focus in the City of Glasgow, the rest of Scotland and the whole of the UK in showing leadership on tackling issues of climate change.
Once again, Greenbackers are selecting and showcasing promising, investible cleantech ventures and helping them to secure growth funding. All-Energy is the UK’s largest renewables trade show with over 8000 in attendance and 250 exhibitors the last time it was run. Greenbackers will have a substantial stand presence and SuperPitch there, with 8000 delegates expected, plus online.
Join us to meet them, along with active funds and investors in the Climate, ESG and Impact investing space. The networking will be fantastic! As well as at our Stand where you can meet these tech heroes, there will be an investment SuperPitch event during the afternoon of Day 1. This event will be live + also live streamed to our global audience.
Funds can view all ventures via Greenbackers unique, secure Investment Showcase dealroom. Selected ventures are featured on this online investment platform, where invited funders can engage opportunities in a ‘mini-data room’ environment and determine their suitability for investment. Greenbackers then proactively co-ordinate communications, discovery discussions and due diligence between the ventures and investors who connect.
If you cannot join us Live in Glasgow, you can join the Pitch session ONLINE – tickets are valid for EITHER!
Agenda DAY 1, 11 May (subject to change and final confirmation)
08:30: Greenbackers pavilion opens: STAND M60.
13:00: Pitch & Speaker set up at HALL 1
14:00: HALL 1. Opening remarks by Greenbackers followed by Investment Panel Session, Key players in Investment and Industry discuss the current investment landscape for net zero implementation. A session of short introductions and then questions from Chair Andrew Smith, of Greenbackers Investment Capital, and the discussion that follows! An information-packed hour is guaranteed.
Chair: Andrew Smith, Partner, Greenbackers Investment Capital
- Paul Padaruth, Head of Commercial, Ofgem Strategic Innovation Fund
- Mark Munro, Head of Investments, Scottish National Investment Bank
- John Young, CEO, Strategic Growth Services
- Beverley Gower-Jones, Clean Growth Fund
- Matthew Clayton, Managing Director, Thrive Renewables
- Stuart Turl, Business Development Director – Energy Transition EMEA, Wood Group UK Ltd
- Followed by Panel discussion and audience Q&A
15:00: Break for Networking
15:30: Greenbackers Super Pitch – Round 1. Climate Tech Ventures Pitch for investment (Live streamed globally) presenting cutting-edge climate technology solutions. Running order to be finalised shortly and is likely to be alphabetical. The 2022 Greenbackers programme builds on its widely acclaimed 26ForCOP26 programme of last year and once again selects the most investable early stage climate technology ventures and helps them secure growth funding from their proven global climate tech investor base.
16:15-16:30 The intersection of new climate technology and the offshore sector – A Fireside Chat between Andrew Smith and Clare Foster Clare is a Partner in the banking team and Head of Clean Energy at Shepherd and Wedderburn. She is widely recognised and a highly regarded practitioner in the project finance market, with a particular focus on power sector projects (particularly in the renewables arena) and infrastructure projects.
16:30-17:30 Greenbackers Super Pitch – Round 2.Climate Tech Ventures Pitch for investment
17:30-18:30 Networking at the Greenbackers stand (M60) in the exhibitionClimate Tech Ventures Pitch for investment. Climate Tech Ventures pitching include:
- Blockchain Triangle – Hamilton, Bermuda. Platform providing investors with direct, unfettered access to over $4T in climate finance opportunities.
- Carnot Engines – London, England, UK. Carnot has developed the worlds most-efficient, low to net zero, fuel agnostic powertrain offering the most practical net-zero solutions for heavy transport markets which cannot rely on fuel cells or batteries due to cost/weight issues.
- eHempHouse – London, England, UK. Mobile hemp crop processing system, provided ‘free’ to remote and rural farming communities to allow them to cultivate hemp. During cultivation hemp sucks CO2 gas from the atmosphere and eHempHouse sells this sequestered CO2 on the carbon markets.
- Gazelle Wind Power – Dublin, Ireland. Unique floating offshore wind platform that significantly reduces the weight, size, and cost of existing floating platforms and mooring systems.
- Hygge Energy Inc – Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Proprietary platform to enable solar owners to sell surplus energy to neighbours and earn rapid payback. Utilities install local storage and restore revenue from trading, justifying the investment. Non-solar consumers pay lower bills.
- Kitemill – Voss, Norway. Airborne wind energy is an almost unlimited source of energy that continuously blows high above the Earth’s surface. Kitemill develops technology that will produce this renewable energy in a safe and low-cost manner.
- Kleanbus – Scarborough, England, UK. Kleanbus converts diesel buses to electric, zero emission with minimal time, cost and risk.
- Kubos Semiconductor – Cambridge, England, UK. Commercially compatible LEDs based on Gallium Nitride (GaN), enabling more efficient, green LEDs
- Lambda Energy – Cambridge, England, UK. Quantum light engineers’. Photonic materials to maximise performance of solar PV, crops & medical detectors
- Precision Impulse – Continuous high quality data from the sub surface – Precision Impulse seismic technology enables rapid, safe, non-obtrusive acquisition of critical subsurface data. Our source units can be deployed on virtually any vehicle or permanently positioned on or below the surface on land or the ocean floor, providing cost-effective data without environmental damage.
- Propelair – London, England, UK. Reinventing the toilet for out-of-home premises, with a 1.5 litre flush, to save water resources
- Qualus – London, England, UK. Qualus’ patented system enables tanneries to reduce their environmental footprint while also improving product quality and increasing profits. reducing water usage by 30% to 40%, chemical usage by 10% to 15% and boosting profit margins by 40%-90%.
- REDstack – Sneek, nr Amsterdam, NL. REDstack generates power out of contacting flows of fresh water and salt water. 100s of MWs 24/7.Sitigrid – London, England, UK Digital marketplace for the trading of clean energy and green certificates in a secure, near real-time environment.
- Sitigrid – London, England, UK. Digital marketplace for the trading of clean energy and green certificates in a secure and near real-time environment. Peer-to-peer transactions to optimise the value of localised electricity markets, fully aligning with Ofgem’s Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan.
Details on all of these companies can be found ahead of the event through Greenbackers’ website – Greenbackers Investor Showcase
Agenda DAY 2, 12 May: Exhibition continues – an opportunity to meet delegates, walk the floor and make connections.
08:30: Greenbackers pavilion opens: STAND M60. Meet all the Pitching companies from Day 1 plus the Greenbackers Team.
16:00: All Energy Closes
Our audience – join us to meet them!
- Investors from Greenbackers global network, comprising:
- Technology focussed Venture Capital Firms
- Corporate Venture Funds (CVC)
- Angel Syndicates
- Government Funds including Development Funds
- Family Offices, Multi –Family Offices and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI’s)
- Impact Investors and alternative investment vehicles
- Investment Banks, specialist debt providers
- Tech Ventures
- Industrial Partners
Hosted by Greenbackers Investment Capital Limited. Greenbackers operate a ‘Funding-as-a-Service’ program connecting venture capital to Climate technology ventures: earthtech, oceantech, cleantech. Greenbackers have offices in London, Glasgow & Houston, operating as private placement advisors and plan to launch a venture fund next year.