Greenbackers Investment Capital have revealed the names of 26 climate innovators who have been selected to participate in a 6 month program to help promising cleantech start-ups secure investment from international investors.
Launched on 20 May this year, the program will see this cohort promoted and introduced to Greenbackers international cleantech investor network via their online Showcase deal platform and during a series of hosted events between June and November, culminating in a Live and Livestreamed “SuperPitch” showcase event at the COP itself. See full press release here.
Greenbackers Managing Partner Robert Hokin said: “We’ve launched this program to harness the global focus on the COP26 Climate Summit being held here in Glasgow this November. There’s been a lot talk about target-setting lately, but to make Net Zero a reality by 2050, investment capital needs to flow faster into cleantech start-ups that can and will make a difference. Our ’26ForCOP26 is an action program and our way of catalysing that investment“
The full cohort of companies are as follows:
1. Blockchain Triangle
2. Cheesecake Energy
3. Chitendai Ltd
8. ExxFire B.V.
9. Forev Ltd
12. Lambda Energy Ltd
13. Limit Jeans
15. Offshore Survival Systems
18. Seawater Solutions
19. Smart Green Shipping
20. Subsea Micropiles
21. Swiss Vault
23. Tocardo B.V.
25. Stealth Mode A
26. Stealth Mode B
Greenbackers 26ForCOP26 is Sponsored by Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc, international law firm Brown Rudnick and supported by The Solar Impulse Foundation and The CivTech Alliance. Find out more HERE.
The final 26 are drawn from 9 countries, over 120 applicants and cover the following cleantech sub sectors:
- Sustainable transportation
- Sustainable fashion
- Renewable power generation
- Water & energy conservation
- Smart grid, building & Internet of Things (IoT)
- Circular economy
- Ocean & blue economy
- Sustainable materials technology
Greenbackers Investment Capital are Venture Capital specialists for Net Zero: earth tech, ocean tech, cleantech and related – funding advanced innovation and commercial businesses with global connections to funds investing in Seed, Series A, B & C raises: equity, asset and project finance.
Greenbackers work with over 5000 funding sources covering equity, debt, asset and project finance:
- Corporate Venture Funds
- Technology VC’s
- Impact Investors
- Single and multi-Family offices and UHNWIs
- Angel Syndicates and Individual Angel Investors
- Asset Finance and specialist funders
- Government Funds which direct or co-invest with private funds
Our client focus is on scaling-up technology companies and project developers looking to commercialise & optimise their capital raising strategies, connecting them with our established, diverse and qualified network of funders active in the sector.
- Start-up and early stage clean technology companies seeking capital and/or strategic partners/investors
- Project developers focussed on low carbon, cleantech and climate change
- Investors and funds seeking investment opportunities
- Multinational corporations pursuing acquisition / divestment strategies
For Further Information Contact:
Greenbackers Investment Capital Limited