Online | London | 7 June 2022
I am looking forward to the next in the excellent series of conference events organised by the Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum in London on 7th June. This conference focuses on next steps for offshore wind energy in the UK and includes keynotes from Colin Maciver Head of Offshore Wind Development, Crown Estate Scotland and Dr Nicola Higgins Offshore Wind Programme Director, Renewable Electricity, BEIS.
Areas for discussion in the agenda include:
- current offshore wind generation ◦ progress towards meeting 2030 net zero targets ◦ the role of offshore wind in the UK energy mix & energy security
- infrastructure & planning
- Holistic Network Design ◦ resolving tensions between planning designs ◦ transmission ◦ substations ◦ coordination & cabling ◦ issues for local communities
- supply chains
- addressing UK capability shortfalls ◦ ports & laydown storage ◦ support ◦ resilience ◦ increasing work capture
- floating offshore wind ◦ opportunities for data technology ◦ the potential for green hydrogen
- market design
- integration of offshore wind ◦ contracts ◦ investment ◦ the forthcoming Transmission Network Review
- priorities for maximising offshore wind across the UK in the long term ◦ assessing its role in energy security
The conference will be an opportunity for stakeholders to consider the issues alongside key policy officials who are due to attend from BEIS; Department for International Trade; Department for the Economy, NI; DAERA, NI; Department for Infrastructure, NI; Department of Environment, Climate and Communications, ROI; Planning Inspectorate; Renewable Electricity; and the Welsh Government – as well as parliamentary pass-holders from both Houses of Parliament.
View the Agenda and you can book your place here.
Andrew Smith at the Westminster Energy Environment and Transport Forum