Greenbackers have extended the application date dead for COP26 SuperPitch applications to Midnight, Friday 14 May, in order to give technology ventures more time to submit.
We’re also pleased to report that, as of today, 1590 delegates (mostly funders) have signed up to our Launch Event on 20 May – a fantastic result which we are very excited about! It is great news for the overall program and the 26 Companies that we select for it.
About the program: in advance of COP26, the UN Climate Summit, Greenbackers Investment Capital is launching a unique campaign of support: the “26-for-COP-26” SuperPitch.
Greenbackers aims to secure funding for 26 most promising Net Zero start-ups applying (earthtech, oceantech, cleantech etc), commencing with the program launch on 20 May and culminating with a SuperPitch at the actual Summit itself held during November 1-12 in Glasgow. Any technology venture fundraising for Seed or Series A or Series B may apply.
Greenbackers will champion these 26 selected ventures to investors and funds continuously via the Greenbackers Showcase, our online deal room. The ‘SuperPitch’ event, will be held live and livestreamed to a global investor audience direct from the COP in November.
This is a significant upgrade to Greenbackers previous Pitch program. Rather than a single day, the selected ventures get 6 months of continuous support by Greenbackers.
The SuperPitch program kicks off on 20 May via webinar. Deadline to apply is now Friday 14 May.
We’re delighted to report that Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc, international law firm Brown Rudnick and Solar Impulse have signed up as supporting Sponsors and we are in discussions with many others.
Qualification criteria for ventures to apply:
- An innovative business in the Net Zero sector (climate/cleantech/ocean economy or related) seeking equity finance.
- Market ready technology ventures seeking Seed, Series A or Series B investment.
- Strong team (with a plan to fill any gaps).
- Differentiated technology/service solution to a defined problem and some form of market validation: sales, customer trials/testimonials or independent assessment.
- Scalable business model and reasonably large addressable market.
- Business plan ready and available.
- Clear strategy and exit vision with a justifiable pre-money valuation.
- Ventures from any country may apply.